Has your workplace gone above and beyond in implementing health and well-being initiatives? Help honor their achievements at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting in early October by nominating them for the Workplace Wellness Award!
Positive total worker health makes a large impact on the businesses and organizations in our community. In partnership with the Cerro Gordo Department of Public Health and Healthy – Mason City, the Chamber is pleased to recognize Sukup Manufacturing Co. with the Workplace Wellness Award.
As the world’s fastest-growing bin company and largest family-owned, full-line grain drying and storage equipment manufacturer, it is no surprise Sukup has taken total worker health to the next level as well. Programs for employees range from disease prevention screenings and nutrition, to stress management and commuter safety.
Sukup Manufacturing recently opened “Sukup Health Solutions”, an on-site health clinic for employees. The space includes two offices, four exam rooms, and one lab - which is staffed by a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner from Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa. Employees are able to schedule an appointment for a variety of services including, biometric screenings, health coaching, immunizations, and smoking cessation.
Sukup sets a great example of the valuable well-being practices employers can provide to workers in the community. Congratulations to the entire Sukup Manufacturing team for going above and beyond to support employee well-being!
Interested in helping create a healthier community? Join the Chamber Worksite Wellness Committee by emailing Kativa at the Chamber!
Follow the Chamber's Pinterest page for Wellness Tips & Ideas.
Servings: 1 Doz | Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups self- rising flour
- 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced rosemary
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese and rosemary. In another bow, combine milk and mayo; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean, 8-10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
The Worksite Wellness committee hosted a Workplace Emergency Seminar on June 20 which the Dept of Homeland Security covered White Powder Incidents, Bomb Threats, Suspicious Packages, Active Shooters and Personal Safety.
Netwalking Day as held on Thursday, August 16 and went around the 1.7 mile Sculptures on Parade route.
More Wellness in North Iowa --
Healthiest State Initiative Community Award Winner.
Like Healthy- Mason City on facebook for the most up-to-date wellness initiatives in our community.
Mason City Bike Trails:
Mason City Walking Route Maps:
- Elmwood St. Joseph Cemetery Nature Walk
- Elmwood St. Joseph Cemetery Spiritual Walk
- Elmwood St. Joseph Cemetery Historical Walk
- Sculpture Walk
- Borealis Walking Route
- Central Park Walking Route
- Footbridge Walking Route
- Landscape Walking Route
- Prairie House Walking Route
- Stockman House Walking Route
- Central Park to Footbridge Walking Route
- Central Park to Rock Glen Walking Route
- Central Park Long Loop Walking Route
- The Loop Walking Route
- Norris Park Walking Route
- Soutbridge and Downtown Walking Route
The Mason City Chamber of Commerce is proud to be a Designated Blue Zones Project Work Site!
The work site pledge provides resources, expertise, and collateral to help complete the pledge items along with detailed information on the research behind each pledge action item. We encourage your work site to join the movement and become a designated work site.
Throughout the designation, the Chamber has implemented several wellness related items. Offering personality assessments to employees, creating walking routes throughout the Commerce Center, micro walking breaks, and a step tracking program.