Meet Josh

I was raised in Northeast Iowa, spent a year abroad, and lived in Philadelphia for a decade. I returned to Iowa ten years ago due to family ties and career opportunities. The chance to expand my career from higher education to healthcare and raise my young son in a rural community that felt like home was an ideal fit for us.

North Iowa offers everything that makes life truly wonderful; with most metropolitan attractions just a day trip away. I take advantage of the great trails (often a bit hidden) for running, biking, and hiking. North Iowa is also great for its weekly family-friendly festivals and numerous community engagement opportunities. As a family with a toddler, we frequent places like the YMCA, Clear Lake Arts Center, and Lime Creek Nature Center. We enjoy Thursdays on Main in Clear Lake, Fresh Fridays at the Central Gardens, and the great vendors and live music at the Mason City Farmer’s Market. The local Mom’s of Preschoolers (MOPs) group has been a huge blessing and we love visiting the MacNider Art Museum, especially for the children’s puppet shows. The beach access at downtown City Park in Clear Lake is another favorite spot.

Schedule a Meeting Time

Company: MercyOne North Iowa Foundation

Hometown: West Union, Iowa

Ask Josh About:

• Arts & culture
  • Charitable organizations and volunteer opportunities
  • Community
  • Childcare / daycare
  • Outdoor activities
  • Food and drinks
  • Health & wellness services

Top Tip?

Call a local realtor. Housing is tight, and the local connections and insights helped us.

Translate »