Tammy Hertzel

Meet Tammy

Hello, I am Tammy Hertzel. I have lived in Mason City for more than 25 years. I moved here when my husband took a job teaching mathematics at North Iowa Community College (NIACC). We chose to live in Mason City for the schools. We wanted our three girls to have access to the widest variety of subjects and the broadest amount of diversity. Of course, technology has changed and even the smallest schools have access to a world of resources. I hold a CPA license in the state of Iowa (inactive) and have been employed by some excellent North Iowa family owned business and now serve as the CEO of the Mason City Family YMCA.

I believe that investing time and talents into your community is important and that together we are all better. Therefore, I have served on the boards of United Way of North Central Iowa, Crisis Intervention Services, Una Vocis and the First Presbyterian Church. I love Mason City and truly believe it is hard to be bored here. I bike, kayak, play pickleball, cross country ski and have dog-sledded (a bit farther north). I like all the seasons. Let’s be honest, no one likes a wicked bone chilling and biting wind from the north but a sunny crisp winter day beats a sweaty, humid 90+ day, hands down.

Schedule a Meeting Time

Company: Mason City Family YMCA

Hometown: Mason City, Iowa

Ask Tammy About:

• Arts & culture
  • Career opportunities / job-hunting
  • Charitable organizations and volunteer opportunities
  • Community
  • Outdoor activities
  • Food and drinks
  • Health & wellness services
  • Schools

Top Tip?

There is a lot to be charmed by in Mason City. Explore.

Translate »